Estimation of Measurement Uncertainty
New requirements on decision rules and statements of conformity within ISO 17025:2017 require testing laboratories to estimate measurement uncertainty and to agree decision rules at the contract review stage. It’s not possible to know the level of risk nor to make a statement of conformance if the measurement uncertainty has not been calculated.
I have assisted testing laboratories performing physical testing, chemical testing and microbiological testing with their estimations of measurement uncertainty and with updates to their contract review and test report documentation.
I partner with SQT Training Ltd.to deliver world class training experience, sharing my real world insights, stories and techniques to empower and inspire trainees to help their organisations reach the highest standards, maintain compliance and drive efficiency.
Clients report that I make the concept of measurement uncertainty easier to understand. The statistical calculations may appear daunting at first however like any process the estimation of uncertainty can be broken down into easier to manage steps. The delegates are given an opportunity to practice each calculation that I demonstrate.
- Estimation of Measurement Uncertainty for Testing laboratories in the Food Sector
- Estimation of Measurement Uncertainty for Testing laboratories in the Life Science Sector
These courses cover the following approaches for the estimation of measurement uncertainty;
- GUM 'Guide to Measurement Uncertainty'
- Single Lab Validation and Quality Control data for estimation of measurement uncertainty
- Use of Proficiency Testing data for estimation of measurement uncertainty
- Reproducibility Replicates for microbiological testing based on ISO 19036:2019 for estimation of measurement uncertainty
If you struggle with your measurement uncertainty calculations or need to estimate measurement uncertainty for a new test method and require one-to-one support, let me know how I can help. I can also review estimates of measurement uncertainty, clients report it is help have an independent review of their calculation of measurement uncertainty.